First, THANK YOU so much for spending time with me on wisdom and wellness. I think you’ll find the time you spend here will be well worth it.
My name is Lori, and I have a true passion for helping others. For those that know me, this might be surprising, as throughout my childhood, I pretty much kept to myself. I had a “don’t bug me, and I won’t bug you” attitude. As I’ve grown, I realize that God put us on this earth to help one another, I can’t go it alone, and life is far less fulfilling in isolation. I have been blessed with so many wonderful teachers, mentors, brilliant colleagues, opportunities, experiences, and most of all, an amazing family. I believe to whom much is given, much is expected. So, my goal is to pass along the great mentor-like insights & life lessons I have been privileged to learn in hopes that these lessons can help you in your own personal development journey, even if just a little.
A little more about me and my credentials:
- I believe that everyone has unique and equally-significant gifts, talents, skills and abilities, that attitude is everything, life is meant to be enjoyed, and we should all strive to leave the world a better place than we found it
- I have an undergraduate degree in Management and a MBA from Purdue University, with emphasis in marketing & human resources
- I am a life-long athlete, and had the privilege of playing varsity soccer for four years while studying at Purdue. I currently serve on Purdue’s Athletic Advisory Council. Additionally, I have taught hundreds of people through group fitness classes & training sessions
- I hold certification from the National Academy of Sports Medicine in personal training, as well as nutrition certification from the National Personal Training Institute in Chicago. Exercise & nutrition are central in my life. I have paired my formal exercise & nutrition education with hundreds of hours of self-led study
- I have worked in General Motors, Dell, Inc, and most significantly, global Fortune 50 company, Procter & Gamble (famous for building brands such as Tide, Pampers, Mr. Clean, Swiffer, Olay, Gillette, Old Spice, Cover Girl, Crest, and hundreds of others). I worked in several unique roles. First, I had a traditional consumer insights role, which essentially means that it was my job to help my team understand what was happening with consumers, and how we could effectively reach them with new product offerings and marketing. Then, I worked in a wonderfully challenging role where I was responsible for helping the total consumer insights function (1300 people across the globe) be more efficient & effective in their jobs. The company offered some phenomenal training programs, which truly changed my life in many ways. Through this blog, I will share much of what I learned in these training sessions, and of course on job within this large, global, competitive, complex, political, fast-paced organization
- I have an incredible soft spot for young children as well as animals, and spent years volunteering in an animal shelter, with the Jr. Achievement organization, & United Way, among others
- I am a Walt Disney World fanatic
- Certainly not least, I am a mother to my beautiful daughter Annabel
- I love to learn & encourage feedback. Feel free to send constructive feedback anytime: email@example.com
Notice that while my professional background will serve as a core foundation for this blog, I don’t define myself by my work. I encourage you to do the same. Our jobs are a big part of our lives, but we are all so much more. So the next time you meet someone new and they ask you what you do, surprise them by talking about your interests, hobbies, passions . . . and then your job.
Thanks again for joining me & let the learning begin.