Hello! I’m Lori and I’m so glad you are here.
Above and beyond all else, I am a follower of God. I work and pray every day that he guide me make the difference that he created me to make during my short time on this Earth. I am a “get-er-done” mom of two precious girls who are helping me realize that checking things off my list is not what life is about. After having these precious kiddos, I grew a great desire to share with them lessons that will help them live life to the full. Whoa-la! This blog was born.
A little more about me and my credentials:
- I believe that everyone has unique and equally-significant gifts, talents, skills and abilities, that attitude is everything, life is meant to be enjoyed, and we should all strive to leave the world a better place than we found it
- I have an undergraduate degree in Management and a MBA from Purdue University, with emphasis in marketing & human resources
- I am a life-long athlete, and had the privilege of playing Division 1 varsity soccer for four years while studying at Purdue. I currently serve on Purdue’s Athletic Advisory Council.
- Exercise and nutrition are central in my life. I am a personal trainer, with certification through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- I hold several nutrition certifications from the National Personal Training Institute (NPTI) and the American Council of Exercise (ACE).
- I am a ketogenic diet guru and macro-nutrient wizard, due to my daughter’s rare genetic disorder
- I have worked in General Motors, Dell, Inc, and most significantly, global Fortune 50 company, Procter & Gamble (famous for building brands such as Tide, Pampers, Mr. Clean, Swiffer, Olay, Gillette, Old Spice, Cover Girl, Crest, and hundreds of others). I worked in several unique roles. First, I had a traditional consumer insights role, which essentially means that it was my job to help my team understand what was happening with consumers, and how we could effectively reach them with new product offerings and marketing. Then, I worked in a wonderfully challenging role where I was responsible for helping the total consumer insights function (1300 people across the globe) be more efficient & effective in their jobs. The company offered some phenomenal training programs, which truly changed my life in many ways. Through this blog, I will share much of what I learned in these training sessions, and of course on job within this large, global, competitive, complex, political, fast-paced organization
- I have an incredible soft spot for young children as well as animals. I spent years volunteering in an animal shelter, with the Jr. Achievement organization, & United Way, among others. I currently work with SoBig, an organization lifting up expectant women in need.
- I am a Walt Disney World fanatic
Perhaps most relevant to this blog, I am a writer with a sincere hope of making your life a little more joyful.
My Favorite Quotes
“I resolve never to let my fear of loss overwhelm my excitement for gain”Unknown
“To whom much is given, much is required”Luke 12:48
“A desire to fit in will make you invisible”Jim Carrey